Tuesday 23 July 2013

News: Lizardmen pictures and summary!

First up the photos not thew best quality but you will see most things, got these via DakkaDakka















And some info:

BolS via Dakka:

Warhammer: Lizardmen
· 96 page full colour, hardback Warhammer army book.

· Contains new Artwork, Background and Rules whilst showcasing the fantastic Warhammer miniature range.

Warhammer: Lizardmen Carnosaur

· This box contains a multi-part plastic kit that makes one of four possible massive center-piece miniatures.

· HUGE - 8 inches long by 5 inches tall

· Can make an Oldblood on Carnosaur, Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur, Kroq-Gar on Carnosaur or Troglodon with Skink Oracle.



Warhammer: Lizardmen Terradon/ Ripperdactyl Riders

· This box contains a multi-part plastic kit that can be assemble as either 3 Terradons or 3 Ripperdactyls, flying cavalry mounts ridden by Lizardmen Skinks.

· Included Parts to upgrade one Terradon rider to the special character Tiktaq'to.

Warhammer: Lizardman Bastiladon

· This box contains a brand new multipart plastic kit that makes a Bastiladon carrying either a Solar Engine or an Ark of Sotek.

Warhammer: Lizardman Skink Priest

· An addition to the popular plastic heroes Clampacks.

· The Lizardman Skink Priest is adorned in feathered plumes and carries a traditional Lizardman totem.

New Finecast Releases

Warhammer: Lizardmen Gor-Rok
· A Clampack that contains one highly detailed Citadel Finecast resin miniature.

· A Lizardmen Special Character particularly suited to close combat.

Warhammer: Lizardmen Tetto'eko

· A boxset containing one finely detailed Citadel Finecast resin miniature.

· A skink Priets on a Palanquin.

5 comments:

  1. Wow what stupendously pointless release. I told everyone it was going to be this months ago so I can't see there being much room for amazement.

    Okay actually the sheer amount of triple use models does surprise me a bit as that should have increased the odds of a good model.

    Yes I know bad picture but unless the plastic kit is amazing that new Carnosaur has NONE of the character and dynamism of the old model. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you post the contents page? We ChapterMasters don't mind lizards but need 40k lintel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minitrol - I see your point, and while I can see that this is some kind of explanation on the increased prices for these big kits from GW I also quite like the diversity and spare bitz we get. Take the Daemons Tzeentch Chariot for example, I made one Tzeentch WoC chariot (w/ add bitz though), one WoC Spawn, one DoC Tzeentch Herald and I even got some Horrors left after this to add to my Horrors unit, if you take that into account the kit aren't that expensive actually.

    Okey that wasn't really what you where talking about but this and the fact that the if the design is good or not is really up to each person. I for one have never been a fan of Lizardmen but I quite like this release actually.

    ChapterMasters - Sry but these pics aren't taken by me and I don't have that issue yet so I don't really know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yep I didn't even MENTION price this time!

      Value is to a point in the eye of the beholder but I still think we are getting closer to the cliff for fantasy where there are sooooo many viable alternatives now.

      40K still gets to be king of its sandpit for the forseeable future.


      Back on topic. I think where you misunderstood me is I think aesthetics can clearly be up to each person. I think the Forgefiend for Chaos Space Marines is an ugly lump of plastic but other love the heavy set powerful look if it - that is aesthetics.

      How the models are constructed what went into its make-up and the make uyp of the release is design and the design here is lazy. I just don't even think it's up for argument they even mention it in the Q+A sessions reviewed at Tale of Painters they have they don't want to redo core kits so they shoehorn as many new "must haves" into an army as possible.

      Anyhoo. Not to say these are awful models I must stress they have nice elements but again I say no character. Now the pre-order page is live the model shits are (of course) better and they are not as bad ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...